Reading Time: 4 minutesMany healthy individuals are seeking for reasons why they suddenly decreased in body weight. Some go as far as revealing the harmful effects the sudden loss in weight is creating in their family, marital life, and even in society they belong. They get accused of suffering from some chronical health challenges, and as such, they suffer from some psychological threats and low self-esteem.
Today, I shall be walking you through on weight loss tips. The meaning of weight loss. The advantages (Pros) and the disadvantages (Cons) of weight loss. Also, I shall be guiding you with some simple weight gain tips too that will help you build at least 10 pounds body-weight within few days – I term it the 3 simple, but effective ways to gain weight naturally and faster than usual.
Take your time and go through all, assimilate and digest as you read. Let us get your feedback if there be any contributions you may wish to give about Weight loss or Weight gain and How it affects you as a person.
What is “weight loss” and “weight gain”?
In general, weight loss and weight gain are two medical terminologies used to reference the increase or decrease in body mass. Weight loss refers to an intentional/unintentional reduction in the total weight of the body. When the body loses weight as a result of malnutrition, diseases, and other chronical infections, it is regarded as an unintentional factor. But when the body loses weight as a result of individual decisions such as: trying to actualize a particular body shape, fear of overweight and obesity, it is termed an intentional factor.
On the other hand, Weight gain is a gradual increase in the body mass of a person. Weight gain, if not watched, may lead to overweight and obesity, which are chronical to one’s health.
What are the advantages of losing weight (PROS)?
Top 5 significant advantages (PROS) of weight loss:
Although the benefits of losing weight can be as many as you could ever imagine on the list, here, I shall be outlining five principal benefits of weight loss.
- A decrease in high cholesterol of the body, which causes complications like heart attacks, strokes, chest pains, and many other cardiovascular diseases.
- Freedom of the mind towards health-related issues which may arise as a result of excessive accumulation of fats in the body.
- You will gain more positive admirers for your new astonishing physique.
- It automatically turns you to a weight loss adviser to people as they demand secrets behind your fantastic weight loss and perfect body shapes.
- You will be more physically fit for workouts with more endurance strength than you use to. You can even climb a ten stories building without getting tired.
What are the disadvantages of losing weight (CONS)?
Top 5 significant disadvantages of weight loss:
Having listed above, five significant advantages of weight loss to the body; let’s also see some of the demerits associated with excessive weight loss as outlined below:
- The self-denial of your favorite foods all through the period of actualizing slim-fit
- When you lose weight faster, people start suspecting you’ve got an STD or viral infection. This would make them talk negatively to you, and as a result, you start battling with low self-esteem if you are not strong enough to withstand the traumas.
- Side effects hit on you for having taken harmful weight reduction pills ignorantly or otherwise. Some of the tablets with the tags, ‘24hours slimming tea’, ‘7 days weight loss pill’, etc. may be harmful to your health if not recommended by your doctor.
- Risk of losing your husband/wife if they were never in approval of your reduction in body weight. Yes, don’t scream to hear this, I’ve come across many men who desire thick and fat ladies.
- You will have to be changing your wardrobe as majorly all your old wears will be larger than your new size. Hence, it will be a great deal for persons who has less income to spend.
Simple ways to lose weight faster
Here are the three significant methods you may need to apply to lose a tremendous amount of weight in the shortest weeks:
- Drastically reduce the high intakes on sugars and starches:
Sugars and starches are carbohydrates and energy-giving foods. The more you take in calories, the more energy you accumulate and thus creating an avenue for excessive weight gain. The fewer carbs you take in daily is a determinant of the amount of weight you gain. If you want to lose more weight daily, you have to watch on your sugar and starch intakes. When this routine becomes part of you, your hunger level decreases, and thus, you end up taken in fewer calories daily.
PS: The advantages of reducing carbs intake didn’t end with losing weight. You are indirectly helping your kidney by lowering your insulin levels.
- Hit the gym for at least three to five times a week:
Regular exercises help burn fats in the body faster. So including visiting the gym to your daily routines will go a long way towards achieving your long-time desired shape.
Later we shall be dishing out some follow up topics on different kinds of yoga exercises you need practice strictly to burn off calories. But for now, you may need to seek the guidance of a gym trainer and a yoga specialist. Nevertheless, I shall also advise you do some early morning and late evening cardio workouts like jogging, running, riding, walking, cycling, swimming, and the likes.
- Engage primarily in these three classes of food ( Eat Fat, vegetables, and proteins rich foods):
Eat Fatty food
Dieters often battle with worrisome statements like, ‘I am battling with excessive weight gain, and some persons are advising me to take more of fatty foods. Is it advisable?’
Many dieters try to restrict their fat intake when they are trying to lose weight. As a result, they start to avoid fatty-foods (like Olive oil, Coconut oil, Avocado oil, Butter) and thereby, eating more of protein and carbohydrates to get their daily allowance of calories. But unfortunately, they are all getting it wrong. Here are three reasons while you need fatty foods while on a weight loss diet:
When you eat fatty-foods while watching body weight, it will help keep you full for the day and stay a longer hour before eating again. This is because healthy fatty foods (no matter how little) takes an extended time to digest than carbohydrate-rich foods. Aside from this, you tend to feel satisfied when you are full, thereby avoiding junk foods for the day. So if you don’t want to feel miserable or even abandon your weight loss plan, then be advised never to avoid meals rich in fat for an effective result.
Taking low-carb vegetables (like Broccoli, Cauliflower, Spinach, Tomatoes, Kale, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Swiss chard, Lettuce, Cucumber, etc.) can aswell help in keeping you healthy while you are on weight loss plan. They contain all the fiber, minerals, and vitamins you need to maintain healthy living without adding over 20 to 50 net carbs irrespective of the quantity you take in per day.
Protein foods you should eat include:
Meat: Beef, lamb, pork, chicken, etc.
Fish and Seafood: Shrimp, Salmon, trout, etc.
Eggs + the yolk are all proteinous too.
Research has proven that adding these lists of protein foods as listed above to your daily diets while you watch body weight will not only help nourish your body and keep you healthy; it will help keep you full, firm and reduce your craves for junk food or late-night eating. When this is achieved, you end up to lessen the number of calories you take in per day and thereby helping you lose weight.
Weight gain – Advantages and disadvantages
Research has proven that when you are not losing weight, you are either gaining weight or maintaining weight. We wouldn’t be discussing much on this, but in general, there are whole lots of advantages attached when you discover that you are adding up the flesh. Nevertheless, when the weight gained becomes in excess, it could be detrimental to your health system. Therefore, you need to learn how to place yourself on a proper weight loss plan so you can maintain proper body balance.
Simple ways to gain weight faster
There could be many reasons why one would like to gain a few amounts of weight faster than usual. But be advised that in as much as you may want to gain weight, it’s essential you do it right and healthily without otherwise destroying your health.
Here are 12 tips to gain weight naturally without side effects:
- Eat as often as possible: Always eat in-between meals. Try eating an additional meal before bedtime.
2. Avoid drinking water before meals: If you drink much water before a meal, it can fill your stomach and make it more difficult to get in enough calories.
3. Eat Plenty of food per meal: While dishing food, go for the bigger plates and dish more substantial foods on the go. This is because eating with smaller plates can make one eat less and assumes to have eaten to satisfaction. Whereas they just felt lazy to go for a second round — the more foods you take in per meal, the more calories you build-up on the body. So, go for the larger dish on the go.
4. Drink milk and yogurt: Drinking whole milk and yogurt to quench thirst is a simple way to take in more high-quality calories and proteins.
5. Eat full energy-dense foods: Below are lists of healthy energy-dense foods you may consider adding to your diets for faster weight gain:
- Nuts: Walnuts, Almonds, peanuts, macadamia nuts, etc.
- Dried fruit: Dates, raisins, prunes, etc.
- High-fat dietary: Cheese, whole milk, full-fat yogurt, cream, etc.
- Fats and oils: Avocado oil, Extra virgin olive oil, etc.
- Grains: Whole grains like oats & brown rice.
- Meat: Beef, chicken, lamb, pork, etc.
- Tubers: Sweet potatoes, potatoes, and yams.
- Coconut milk, dark chocolate, peanut butter, avocados, trail mixes, granola, etc.
6. Try weight-gainer shakes: Weight gainer shakes are very high in carbohydrates, proteins, and calories. You may give it a try if you really want to boost your body weights faster.
7. Lift Heavy Weights and do some gymnastic exercises: Lifting heavy weights can improve Your Strength by ensuring that the excess calories you take in go to your muscles instead of just your fat cells. Therefore, hit the gym at least 3-5 times a week. Lift heavy weights and also try to increase the load and volume of the weight over time for better results. You may also consider highering professional trainers to assist you at home to avoid missing routines.
Remember, it’s quite necessary to do some cardio workouts too during this period to improve well-being and fitness. But, don’t over engage in this since your target is to gain weight and not just to be fit. If you over engage in cardio instead of weight lifting, you end up burning all the additional calories you’re eating to add weight, and this may result back to weight loss.
8. Take creatine: Creatine monohydrate is a muscle-building supplement that can help you gain a few pounds in muscle weight. While you are on this supplement, it will be helpful if you take your weight lifting program seriously to regain body weight faster.
9. Add creams to your coffee for breakfast: Creams contain fats and can help build-up calories on the go. So adding them to your breakfast routine will help you see weight gain results faster than you expected.
10. Have quality rest and sleep: When you have a quality rest by sleeping properly and adequately in a day, you help grow your muscle and thereby adding to your body weight.
11. Engage in proper eating habits: While on a diet, eat the calorie-dense and protein-rich foods first, then the vegetables last.
12. Avoid smoking: Quitting from smoking is highly necessary while you desire to add up weight. This is because research has proven that smokers tend to weigh less than non-smokers. Therefore avoiding smoking within this period of weight gain plan is paramount for better results.
In conclusion, weight loss and weight gain are both paramount in humans, depending on the choice of demand per individual. It’s often very difficult to actualize any if one isn’t dedicated to achieving this. It requires time and consistency for better results to become. So, therefore, I employ you not to feel saddened with whatever the body brings; just ensure you watch the body properly every day. And maintain proper exercise routine to avoid either excessive weight loss or weight gain.
RECOMMENDED ARTICLE FOR YOU:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON WEIGHT LOSS OR WEIGHT GAIN
What is weight loss?
Weight loss is the reduction in the total weight of the body. It may occur as an intentional or unintentional depending on the factor that caused the result in weight loss
what is weight gain?
Weight gain is referred to as the gradual increase in the body mass of an individual. Weight gain, if not monitored, may result in overweight and obesity, which are chronical to an individual’s health.
How do I lose weight faster?
Here are three proven and effective ways you can employ to reduce body weight faster
- reduce the high intakes on sugars and starches
- Go to the gym regularly for gymnastic workouts. At least 3-5 times in a week
- Eat Fat, vegetables, and proteins rich foods)
How do I gain weight faster?
If you want to gain weight very faster, below are 12 health proven ways you should apply for natural bodybuilding:
- Eat as often as possible
- Avoid drinking water before meals
- Eat Plenty of food per meal
- Drink milk and yogurt
- Eat full energy-dense foods
- Try weight-gainer shakes
- Lift Heavy Weights and do some gymnastic exercises
- Take creatine
- Add creams to your coffee for breakfast
- Have quality rest and sleep
- Engage in proper eating habits
- Avoid smoking
If you enjoy this topic, please feel good to share with your friends on different social networks. And also subscribe to our newsletters for more weight loss tips. It will be our pleasure to have you in our lists of readers and contributors.
P.S: We include products we think should be useful to our audience with special discounts direct from the distributing company. If you make a purchase through the links on this page, we may earn a small commission which will have no negative effect on you.